You may be the first but we haven’t yet met anyone whose initial reaction to program evaluation and planning was intrigue and excitement. Get ready to change that opinion. Laughing Matters helps you take control by not only demystifying program evaluation and planning but also making it enjoyable and useful. Laughing Matters helps you give your stakeholders what they want and more in terms of evaluation (which we all know helps in securing more customers) and walks you through an interactive planning process that looks at what is happening with your communities, your organization and you in order to arrive at an accessible, useful, dynamic plan.
From Bureaucratese to Evalu-ease:
Does the idea of doing program evaluation make you want to throw your hands up in despair? Do you doubt the sanity of anyone that says evaluation can not only be useful but engaging? Well pack up that doubt and be prepared to do just that- be engaged, have fun AND learn about program evaluation. Based on, but not limited to the program logic model, you’ll take out the bureaucratic red tape, put yourself in the driver’s seat (or bicycle seat as the case may be) and learn to do evaluation, with ease.
> Learn More
Including you and me: cross-cultural evaluation.
Community based program evaluation is supposed to include….. the community. No surprise there. What is often surprising though is the lack of tools available to ensure the inclusion and meaningful engagement of people from many different cultures. Defining culture broadly this hands-on, interactive workshop, will leave you with new tools to add to your tool kit. We’ll examine some of the assumptions we tend to make while evaluating and introduce a myriad of eclectic and interesting tools that are designed to weave culture throughout the entire evaluation process.
> Learn More
Strategic and scenario planning
Program and organizational planning is like evaluation, you know it’s good for you but you rarely find time to do it. Laughing Matters uses engaging, lively methods that assist you in creating useful, on target plans. We examine your internal and external environments and pull the pieces of the puzzle together into a meaningful plan that helps you target your resources and be confident in your organization’s future.
> Learn More
> back to top
- Police, secret service agents & FBI are everywhere. September 20, 2017Police, secret service agents & FBI are everywhere. And those are only the ones I can see. I wonder how many snipers are stationed out of sight. Roads are blocked with huge cement bomb blast protectors. Traffic is cordoned off & diverted, while the streets are a colourful riot of every skin shade you can […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- Hang out in your head & reflect, then get up off the couch & take action. Rinse. Repeat. September 14, 2017There’s a time to speak & a time to listen. There’s a time to reflect & a time to act Last week was for reflection. Today’s for action. Based on a traumatic incident I had while in the ICU, in the first of this 3 series post I talked about the power […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- There’s a time to tell your own story & a time to hear others September 8, 2017There’s a time to speak & a time to listen, There’s a time to tell your own story & a time to hear others, There’s a time to take a break because you can & a time to take a break because you have to, There’s a time to reflect & a time to act. […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- I was okay until I wasn’t. Reflections from the intensive care unit. August 31, 2017I was okay until I wasn’t. As I was rushed to emergency I stared at the ambulance ceiling, scared & confused. I thought I’d had the flu yet a week in intensive care later, I was treated for kidney & blood infections. My blood had become poisoned. Fast forward. I’ve composed this post to […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- Police, secret service agents & FBI are everywhere. September 20, 2017