You may be the first but we haven’t yet met anyone whose initial reaction to program evaluation and planning was intrigue and excitement. Get ready to change that opinion. Laughing Matters helps you take control by not only demystifying program evaluation and planning but also making it enjoyable and useful. Laughing Matters helps you give your stakeholders what they want and more in terms of evaluation (which we all know helps in securing more customers) and walks you through an interactive planning process that looks at what is happening with your communities, your organization and you in order to arrive at an accessible, useful, dynamic plan.
From Bureaucratese to Evalu-ease:
Does the idea of doing program evaluation make you want to throw your hands up in despair? Do you doubt the sanity of anyone that says evaluation can not only be useful but engaging? Well pack up that doubt and be prepared to do just that- be engaged, have fun AND learn about program evaluation. Based on, but not limited to the program logic model, you’ll take out the bureaucratic red tape, put yourself in the driver’s seat (or bicycle seat as the case may be) and learn to do evaluation, with ease.
> Learn More
Including you and me: cross-cultural evaluation.
Community based program evaluation is supposed to include….. the community. No surprise there. What is often surprising though is the lack of tools available to ensure the inclusion and meaningful engagement of people from many different cultures. Defining culture broadly this hands-on, interactive workshop, will leave you with new tools to add to your tool kit. We’ll examine some of the assumptions we tend to make while evaluating and introduce a myriad of eclectic and interesting tools that are designed to weave culture throughout the entire evaluation process.
> Learn More
Strategic and scenario planning
Program and organizational planning is like evaluation, you know it’s good for you but you rarely find time to do it. Laughing Matters uses engaging, lively methods that assist you in creating useful, on target plans. We examine your internal and external environments and pull the pieces of the puzzle together into a meaningful plan that helps you target your resources and be confident in your organization’s future.
> Learn More
> back to top
- Rabble-rouser or runner? How you feel about conflict affects how you resolve it. May 24, 2017When you hear the word conflict how do you feel? I often ask this question in workshops I lead simply because how we feel about conflict completely affects how we do (or don’t) resolve it (regardless of what the conflict is about). It’s fascinating to see the extremely wide variety of responses to […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- The danger of a single story May 17, 2017As a young Nigerian student who had travelled to the US to study, Nigerian novelist Chimamanda Adichie came face to face with something we all encounter many times throughout our lives – a single story. Let me explain. Chimamanda arrived to the US and met her new roommate, a roommate who was shocked […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- Pssst – what’s your secret password? I will tell. May 3, 2017May 4th is world password day (#WorldPasswordDay), which got me thinking – there are passwords to your computer files of course, but what about the passwords to your heart? To a life full of meaning? To success on your terms? Some of my passwords are ‘spacious possibilities’ which for me means: I am […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- Embracing the moments that matter (or what an Irish Ball & imposter syndrome have in common) April 26, 2017There are so many moments in life that can seem small but upon some quiet reflection you realize they have so much in common. Here are 7 of those moments & experiences that I was able to come up with in a very short period of reflection that all have something very special in […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- Rabble-rouser or runner? How you feel about conflict affects how you resolve it. May 24, 2017