You may be the first but we haven’t yet met anyone whose initial reaction to program evaluation and planning was intrigue and excitement. Get ready to change that opinion. Laughing Matters helps you take control by not only demystifying program evaluation and planning but also making it enjoyable and useful. Laughing Matters helps you give your stakeholders what they want and more in terms of evaluation (which we all know helps in securing more customers) and walks you through an interactive planning process that looks at what is happening with your communities, your organization and you in order to arrive at an accessible, useful, dynamic plan.
From Bureaucratese to Evalu-ease:
Does the idea of doing program evaluation make you want to throw your hands up in despair? Do you doubt the sanity of anyone that says evaluation can not only be useful but engaging? Well pack up that doubt and be prepared to do just that- be engaged, have fun AND learn about program evaluation. Based on, but not limited to the program logic model, you’ll take out the bureaucratic red tape, put yourself in the driver’s seat (or bicycle seat as the case may be) and learn to do evaluation, with ease.
> Learn More
Including you and me: cross-cultural evaluation.
Community based program evaluation is supposed to include….. the community. No surprise there. What is often surprising though is the lack of tools available to ensure the inclusion and meaningful engagement of people from many different cultures. Defining culture broadly this hands-on, interactive workshop, will leave you with new tools to add to your tool kit. We’ll examine some of the assumptions we tend to make while evaluating and introduce a myriad of eclectic and interesting tools that are designed to weave culture throughout the entire evaluation process.
> Learn More
Strategic and scenario planning
Program and organizational planning is like evaluation, you know it’s good for you but you rarely find time to do it. Laughing Matters uses engaging, lively methods that assist you in creating useful, on target plans. We examine your internal and external environments and pull the pieces of the puzzle together into a meaningful plan that helps you target your resources and be confident in your organization’s future.
> Learn More
> back to top
- Why You Need To See Anew & Find Another Perspective November 15, 2017Even though you know that today’s problems won’t get resolved by the same approaches you’ve taken in the past … Even though you know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results (attributed to Albert Einstein) … Even though you know all this, […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- Resilience Is About How You Recharge Not How You Endure November 8, 2017I’m the Queen of suck it up. I can put my nose to the grindstone & buckle down with the best of them. Hours can pass without my noticing my shoulders are aching, my back is sore & I need to go to the bathroom. I work hard, really hard. That’s why I need an […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- 10 tips for uncluttering your life, not just your stuff – Part Two November 1, 2017Don’t pass go, stop & chop first. It stands to reason that if we have less stuff in the first place then we have less stuff to organize, clean, schlepp etc. It’s a basic formula but one we tend to forgo. Based on a recent personal experience of getting my beloved’s side […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- 10 tips for uncluttering your life, not just your stuff October 25, 2017Does the name Marie Kondo ring a bell? She’s the Japanese de-cluttering guru that people are gaga over. (If you don’t know her work check out this summary of her approach by Cate La Farge Summers.) Like me, you probably spend a lot of time organizing, cleaning & schlepping stuff from one room to […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- Why You Need To See Anew & Find Another Perspective November 15, 2017