You may be the first but we haven’t yet met anyone whose initial reaction to program evaluation and planning was intrigue and excitement. Get ready to change that opinion. Laughing Matters helps you take control by not only demystifying program evaluation and planning but also making it enjoyable and useful. Laughing Matters helps you give your stakeholders what they want and more in terms of evaluation (which we all know helps in securing more customers) and walks you through an interactive planning process that looks at what is happening with your communities, your organization and you in order to arrive at an accessible, useful, dynamic plan.
From Bureaucratese to Evalu-ease:
Does the idea of doing program evaluation make you want to throw your hands up in despair? Do you doubt the sanity of anyone that says evaluation can not only be useful but engaging? Well pack up that doubt and be prepared to do just that- be engaged, have fun AND learn about program evaluation. Based on, but not limited to the program logic model, you’ll take out the bureaucratic red tape, put yourself in the driver’s seat (or bicycle seat as the case may be) and learn to do evaluation, with ease.
> Learn More
Including you and me: cross-cultural evaluation.
Community based program evaluation is supposed to include….. the community. No surprise there. What is often surprising though is the lack of tools available to ensure the inclusion and meaningful engagement of people from many different cultures. Defining culture broadly this hands-on, interactive workshop, will leave you with new tools to add to your tool kit. We’ll examine some of the assumptions we tend to make while evaluating and introduce a myriad of eclectic and interesting tools that are designed to weave culture throughout the entire evaluation process.
> Learn More
Strategic and scenario planning
Program and organizational planning is like evaluation, you know it’s good for you but you rarely find time to do it. Laughing Matters uses engaging, lively methods that assist you in creating useful, on target plans. We examine your internal and external environments and pull the pieces of the puzzle together into a meaningful plan that helps you target your resources and be confident in your organization’s future.
> Learn More
> back to top
- How you can marry worldviews with a garter belt & the can-can June 28, 2018I’m on the verge of serving you better through launching a new website. It’s taken bursts of creativity which made me think of what you could learn from a wildly creative story involving a new take on an old tradition, the can-can & big surprises all around. But first, think of a situation where you […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- Emmanuel Jal & Yogadishu; what’s fought in your mind & won in your heart? June 21, 2018Yoga matts, each with a patterned pillow, were laid out in rows, which made the room look like a wildly colourful game of tic tac toe. My stomach bumped up against my ribs as I settled my nerves. I’m used to doing yoga at home in private, but I was there to see the world […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- How you can use storytelling to defeat evil from Storytelling Master Marsha Shandur June 13, 2018As my Nana’s jewelry slid through my little girl fingers, it felt cool to the touch but heavy with memories. I felt a jittery excitement whirling around in the pit of my stomach in getting to explore her jewelry box. That’s one small example of master storytelling coach Marsha Shandur’s memory scavenger work […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- Before you call the cops … June 6, 2018I know what I know & I don’t know what I don’t know. For example, I know what it’s like to be a white woman. I don’t know what it’s like to be a black man. But this amazingly poignant, utterly captivating video will give you some powerful insights (if being a […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- How you can marry worldviews with a garter belt & the can-can June 28, 2018