You may be the first but we haven’t yet met anyone whose initial reaction to program evaluation and planning was intrigue and excitement. Get ready to change that opinion. Laughing Matters helps you take control by not only demystifying program evaluation and planning but also making it enjoyable and useful. Laughing Matters helps you give your stakeholders what they want and more in terms of evaluation (which we all know helps in securing more customers) and walks you through an interactive planning process that looks at what is happening with your communities, your organization and you in order to arrive at an accessible, useful, dynamic plan.
From Bureaucratese to Evalu-ease:
Does the idea of doing program evaluation make you want to throw your hands up in despair? Do you doubt the sanity of anyone that says evaluation can not only be useful but engaging? Well pack up that doubt and be prepared to do just that- be engaged, have fun AND learn about program evaluation. Based on, but not limited to the program logic model, you’ll take out the bureaucratic red tape, put yourself in the driver’s seat (or bicycle seat as the case may be) and learn to do evaluation, with ease.
> Learn More
Including you and me: cross-cultural evaluation.
Community based program evaluation is supposed to include….. the community. No surprise there. What is often surprising though is the lack of tools available to ensure the inclusion and meaningful engagement of people from many different cultures. Defining culture broadly this hands-on, interactive workshop, will leave you with new tools to add to your tool kit. We’ll examine some of the assumptions we tend to make while evaluating and introduce a myriad of eclectic and interesting tools that are designed to weave culture throughout the entire evaluation process.
> Learn More
Strategic and scenario planning
Program and organizational planning is like evaluation, you know it’s good for you but you rarely find time to do it. Laughing Matters uses engaging, lively methods that assist you in creating useful, on target plans. We examine your internal and external environments and pull the pieces of the puzzle together into a meaningful plan that helps you target your resources and be confident in your organization’s future.
> Learn More
> back to top
- Your 7 day tech challenge for life hacks (+ a gift) March 21, 2018I never meant to get so involved with tech. In fact when a university came asking if I’d design & teach a course on how to use social media for learning, my first thought was ‘who me?!’ That was about 9 years ago & since then I’ve been on an intriguing, useful, practical path […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- 3 ways you should be using digital tools for life 360 hacks March 14, 2018Overwhelm. Unease. Frustration. Despair. Embarrassment. Those are just some of the emotions participants tell me they feel when they’re trying to use technology. I’m here to tell you it not only doesn’t it have to be that way, tech tools can actually serve you & make your life a whole lot easier. Here’s […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- From overwhelm to organized; technology tips & techniques to serve you March 6, 2018‘All’ I had to do was to choose a picture of a chair from the ones on my computer screen & drag it to the centre of my screen & then write my name below it. It was an introductory exercise for an online course I was taking. Could I grab that damn chair […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- How I caught a thief in New Zealand using this easy tech tool February 28, 2018I’m 35,000 feet in the air on a flight from Dubai to Nairobi watching ‘You’re soaking in it,’ a documentary about the new wild west of advertising. Did you know there is new technology using your basic smart phone that can read your emotions? The goal is to know what you want before you […]Lee-Anne Ragan
- Your 7 day tech challenge for life hacks (+ a gift) March 21, 2018